The Northwest PA Alliance for Response has been working with Erie Arts and Culture to bring you a really special opportunity!
This summer we are working together to present: Managing Legacy Materials for Performing Arts Organizations.
This workshop has been specifically designed for staff members, board members, and volunteers from performing arts organization of all shapes and sizes. Performing arts groups are important caretakers of the cultural heritage in their communities, and we know that they also face their own unique archival challenges. We want to empower those working with these performing arts groups to be able to properly care for and protect their treasured community resources.
The worksop will address:
- how to decide the importance of documents/collections
- how to determine if/when those materials should be archived
- model workflows fro providing access to legacy materials in non-archival settings
There will be two opportunities to attend this workshop.
- The first workshop will be held Wednesday, July 17th from 9am-12pm at the Vukovich Center at Allegheny College in Meadville, PA.
- The second workshop will be on Thursday, July 18 from 1pm-4pm at the Struthers Library Theatre in Warren, PA.
Additional information about this event can be found on Erie Arts & Culture’s website:
And it is possible to register for this workshop here:
After many months of hard work, the newly updated supply cache agreement and inventory is ready!
The Northwest Pennsylvania Alliance for Response is committed to helping our members in the event of emergency, and one of the most important services we can offer to cultural heritage institutions in the Erie, Clarion, Crawford, Forrest, Mercer, Venango, and Warren communities is access to our supply cache.
The supply cache agreement (which can be found in the link at the bottom of this post), contains important information about where the cache is located, how to contact members of AFR to access the cache, the expectations for members who utilize supplies from the cache, and an inventory of all supplies currently in the supply cache. PLEASE NOTE: all supplies utilized in the event of a disaster or emergency situation must be replaced within 90 days of that disaster or emergency. This is essential to ensuring that cultural heritage institutions in our area continue to have access to our emergency supplies.
If you work for a cultural heritage institution in one of the counties that we represent, and you are interested in becoming a member of the Northwest PA Alliance for Response and having access to our supply cache, please see the attached agreement. Once this form is completed, you can send it to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the supply cache agreement, don’t hesitate to send us an email!
NWPA AFR Cache Agreement
In December the steering committee for the Northwest Pennsylvania Alliance for Response held a conference call to discuss end of year business as well as what to expect in 2019.
Please find the notes from this call below:
Positions for next year
- Laura Bouch, Chair
- Sue Beates and Melinda Meyer, Programming Co-Chairs
- Jen Amann, Secretary & Communications Chair
- There were 50 people on the team when it first developed in 2016. Because of a steady drop in returning members, they are opening applications to all members of AfR.
- Samantha led the Eastern training event in Chester County. There were about 15 people there, which was a little less than expected because of a big snow storm that hit the eastern side of the state the day before.
- Miranda led the Western training event in Butler County. There were 8 people in attendance. They had a really great time connecting. Everyone took the training really seriously, and there was a lot of interested expressed in meeting up with team members more regularly.
- We have been actively seeking grant funding for more workshops in 2019
- Spring, Summer, and Fall
- The locations for the workshops have yet to be decided
- If anyone would like to be included in the NWPA AFR email list, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- We will be going over our existing email list very soon
Supply Cache and Agreement
- A supply cache inventory has been completed and will be made publicly available soon
- The supply cache agreement will also be posted online shorty
As always, if you have any questions or comments feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Happy New Year!
Welcome to Northwest Pennsylvania Alliance for Response’s new website! Here you can gain access to blog posts, past workshops and connections to members throughout the region!
NWPA AFR is a branch of the parent organization, Alliance for Response. There are currently 26 AFR groups, with seven in Pennsylvania alone. These include:
- Suburban Philadelphia
- Northwestern (us)
- South Central
- Burks-Lehigh Northampton
Our footprint reaches to the following counties:
But all are welcome to attend our events (even if you are outside of our region).
To visit our other pages, please check out our presence here:
FAIC Northwest Pennsylvania
Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up as a member, please email the nwpa afr gmail account with the following:
- your name (or all members if you are signing up your institution)
Membership is free, and is open to all members of cultural/heritage institutions or first responders. You will get access to emails and updates to workshops and events.