In December the steering committee for the Northwest Pennsylvania Alliance for Response held a conference call to discuss end of year business as well as what to expect in 2019.
Please find the notes from this call below:
Positions for next year
- Laura Bouch, Chair
- Sue Beates and Melinda Meyer, Programming Co-Chairs
- Jen Amann, Secretary & Communications Chair
- There were 50 people on the team when it first developed in 2016. Because of a steady drop in returning members, they are opening applications to all members of AfR.
- Samantha led the Eastern training event in Chester County. There were about 15 people there, which was a little less than expected because of a big snow storm that hit the eastern side of the state the day before.
- Miranda led the Western training event in Butler County. There were 8 people in attendance. They had a really great time connecting. Everyone took the training really seriously, and there was a lot of interested expressed in meeting up with team members more regularly.
- We have been actively seeking grant funding for more workshops in 2019
- Spring, Summer, and Fall
- The locations for the workshops have yet to be decided
- If anyone would like to be included in the NWPA AFR email list, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- We will be going over our existing email list very soon
Supply Cache and Agreement
- A supply cache inventory has been completed and will be made publicly available soon
- The supply cache agreement will also be posted online shorty
As always, if you have any questions or comments feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Happy New Year!